Prior to graduating from Law School, Ms. Curran was a court reporter for almost twenty years. After graduation, Ms. Curran was a trial attorney at two well-known Boston law firms before opening her own practice in 2005, where her practice is concentrated in the area of probate litigation. For several years, Ms. Curran was an Adjunct Lecturer, Litigation Specialist for a Pretrial Litigation course at Boston College Law School. Ms. Curran chaired a committee which resulted in the creation of a Pilot Program for a Fiduciary Litigation Session in the Massachusetts Probate Court.
- 1991: Massachusetts
- 1992: U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts; and U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- 1998: U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit; and U.S. Supreme Court
Boston College, J.D.; Recipient, Boston College Law School Alumni Association Award.
Merrimack College (summa cum laude)
Massachusetts Bar Association (Co-Chair, Probate Council; Co Chair, Probate Practice Litigation Group), Greater Boston Fiduciary Law American Inn, Boston Probate & Estate Planning Forum, Boston Bar Association, Member of Boston College Law School Alumni Council and President, Boston College Alumni Council, 2006–2007.
- Successfully recovered assets to estate from siblings who attempted to prevent sister’s inheritance and was awarded attorney fees;
- Successfully mediated will contest among family members
- Successfully terminated trust which no longer was achieving intent of Donor;
- Successfully challenged account of trustee
- Successfully defended joint owner of property from allegations of coercion in signing a deed.
- Successfully defended Personal Representative from charges of undue influence
- Successfully challenged will on the basis of undue influence
- Successfully defended claim of omitted child.
- Public Service Award from Massachusetts Bar Association, July 13, 2016
- Award of Excellence from Greater Boston Fiduciary Law American Inn of Court, November 8, 2017